Please read the following carefully to ensure your procedure goes as planned. Delay or cancellation of your procedure may occur if the following steps are not followed:
- » Our staff will call you the day before your procedure to give your detailed instructions and to answer any questions that you may have.
- » Please arrange for a responsible adult to drive you and from the Center and to remain with you for 24 hours following your procedure.
- » If you wear contacts or glasses, be sure to bring along the protective cases for them.
- » Unless otherwise notified, you may take your morning medications the day of the procedure. If you take medications for diabetes or blood thinners, check with your physician regarding when or if you should stop taking them prior to your procedure.
- » If there are any changes in your condition or if you need to change or cancel your procedure please notify your physician before coming to North Park Heart & Vascular Center.
Please: No food, drink or water after midnight the day of your procedure. You may brush your teeth while taking care not to swallow any water.